Wednesday, August 22, 2012

1st day of school

Annabelle started kindergarten today! I can't believe that she's already old enough to be going to school. She had a great first day. After only one day, Annabelle already wishes that she had school all day long instead of just in the morning. I think she's really going to like her teacher. I was a little nervous about that a few weeks ago. At the end of last year when I registered her for kindergarten, no one had any complaints about either of the 2 teachers. They were both awesome, so I didn't request one or the other. Then about 1 month before school started, I hear that there is an opening for a kindergarten teacher at Annabelle's school. The school quickly interviews for the job and a week later, we get a letter from the new teacher introducing herself as Annabelle's teacher. Then only about a week later, I hear that the teacher quit and the school is looking for another new kindergarten teacher with only about 2 weeks before the first day of school. Needless to day, I was quite panicked about how Annabelle's first year of school was going to go considering that the school was probably getting pretty desperate to hire anyone to teach, regardless of their qualifications. But everything worked out in the end. I've now met her teacher and I think this is going to be a very good year.

I knew I was going to be emotional and cry, but I tried very hard to keep myself in check. And I think I did a pretty good job. It was only when I told her bye and have a good day that I almost started crying, but I was able to hold the tears back until I was safely out of the classroom where she couldn't see me. I'm really excited for her. I'm just a little sad that she has grown up so fast. Anyway, it was a fabulous day and Annabelle absolutely LOVED it, as I knew she would. She made 3 new friends and can't wait to go back to school tomorrow.


1 comment:

Amber said...

OH MY GOSH! SHE'S SO BIG! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! Ps. I just started crying. And she's not even my kid.