Monday, May 2, 2011

Piano Recital

The night before I left for Utah, I had a recital for my piano students. It turned out really well and I was so pleased with all of my kids. They each played so well. I meant to take more pictures and videos but of course I was too preoccupied to do so. Anyway, here are a few pictures.
I decided to participate in the recital as well by playing one of my favorite songs. I've been trying to learn it for a long time now and I finally decided that if I was ever going to really know it, I had to give myself a deadline. Once I decided that I would play it at the recital, there was no going back and for some reason, I had an easier time of learning it. The night of the recital, I brought the camera, but forgot to tell Michael to record me playing it. So I recorded it a few days later at my grandma's house in Utah while I was there visiting. I played it better at the recital, but oh well. So here it is, Rachmaninoff's Prelude in C# minor.

3 comments:

Alison Fleming said...

Wow Linds! I got the chills listening to you play that!!!! That was awesome!

Becky said...

beautiful song!!! love it!

Christy said...

I'm in awe at your talent! That was awesome! I miss you tons, and think about you all the time. Hmm...maybe I should send you an email sometime! haha.