Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mischief Upstairs

Michael and I have been spending every minute possible working in the basement and getting it ready for the guests we have coming over the next two weeks. A few days ago, I was downstairs and Annabelle and Jillian were upstairs playing. They're pretty good about playing by themselves (usually). After I had been downstairs for almost two hour, I realized that I hadn't heard anything upstairs for a while. Usually, the girls are running around, laughing, or crying. But I hadn't heard movement or sound from either of them. Slightly concerned, for the lack of these things meant that they were either doing something they shouldn't be or they were both so hurt they couldn't cry, I went upstairs to see what was going on. I found them both in Annabelle's room. Annabelle was coloring in her Dora coloring book and Jillian was looking at a book, both quiet and content as ever. Stunned, I walked around the rest of the house to make sure that all was as it should be and found this in Jillian's room: Perhaps the pictures don't look too bad to you. Try picturing Jillian's entire room with most of the contents of the closet scattered throughout it.

And the culprits? I decided to make them lunch with pudding for dessert. They were just too cute to be mad at. Plus, they had been quiet and allowed me to get some work done. I couldn't ask for more than that.

No comments: