Tuesday, August 3, 2010

6 months and "The Ponytail"

Okay, I feel like life is somewhat back to normal and I can get back into blogging. After our trip to Utah, it took awhile to get back into a normal routine. Jillian particularly struggled with sleeping and eating. But with things better now, I look forward to keeping my avid readers entertained with updated posts.

We hit a huge milestone on Sunday. I decided to see if Jillian had enough hair on top for me to get into a little ponytail. I was so thrilled when I did. It's such a little tiny thing that I laughed out once it was done. But I enjoyed it so much and she got so many compliments about it on Sunday, that I did it again today. Isn't she so cute?! Today, Jillian had her 6 month checkup. I'm happy to report that, as expected, everything is looking well. She weighs 16.25 pounds, 25.2 inches long. Her gums are swollen, as she is teething and I hope that her teeth cut through soon. She's been a little bit fussy over the last week.

Just out of curiosity, I put on a show for the girls the other day, a live concert of Celtic Woman performing at Shane Castle in Ireland. I used to put it on for Annabelle when she was a baby. It was the only thing that would ever calm her down and stop her crying. I wanted to see if Jillian was immediately as taken with it as Annabelle was. Jillian was somewhat interested, and would glance back and forth between the tv and Annabelle, who was dancing around the room.

2 comments:

Alison Fleming said...

I loved the video! Your girl is quite the dancer!

Christy said...

Love the ponytail!