Friday, April 23, 2010

Counting in Spanish

Between Jillian's feedings, getting Annabelle breakfast and her hair done, and my needing to shower and so forth, it always takes me a while to get the kids and myself ready for the day. Many times, it's almost lunchtime byefore we're all dressed and ready to be seen in public. So while I'm feeding Jillian or showering or whatever, Annabelle is watching cartoons on tv. Her favorites are still Dora, the explorer, Mickey Mouse clubhouse, Little Einsteins, and Clifford, the bog red dog. Sometimes, she'll quote lines from the these shows to me. But today, I realized how much she pays attention to them and how much television can play a role in what your children learn. This morning, I overheard Annabelle counting to 7 in Spanish. Now, I've certainly never taught her that, but I have no doubt she's learned it from Dora. It's nice to see her learning new things and I'm glad she's learning good things at this point, but it's kind of scary to think if you're not careful, kids can be learning bad habits from tv. Anyway, here's the video of Annabelle counting. She forgot what came after 7, so I helped her a little bit. But in doing so, I think I said the number 10 in French rather than Spanish. =)

No comments: