Sunday, November 22, 2009

Update part 2

Now on to part 2 of the update. Michael's law firm rented a billboard space a few months ago and had a large sign that included a picture of two of the firm's lawyers . Well, that has now been replaced with a sign that features four of the attorneys, including my wonderful husband. His face is there staring at you as you wait at a stop light on the busiest street in town. It's a rather large sign and can be seen for blocks. Pretty cool, huh? The firm's new office is currently being built, and the attorneys are excited to make their final move to the new office next spring (they've already been in two seperate office spaces in the last year).

Today, Annabelle and I braved the lines to get the swine flu vaccine. Two of my students canceled their lessons this month becaused they had swine flu. It's been going around here a lot and I know many people that have contracted the virus, and being pregnant, I am very concerned that I (and Annabelle) are as protected as possible. Last week, Annabelle was sick, but I don't think it was swine flu. I am so grateful that Michael and I didn't get sick as well (knock on wood). We are both so busy, it would be the absolute worst time to get really sick. I am so happy to report that we were at the clinic a total of 1 hour and 15 minutes. The workers were really organized and it wasn't nearly as bad as I know other people have had it. But Annabelle has to get a second shot so we'll be doing this again in a month and I hope we have a very similar experience.

Today, I purchased our first snow shovel and some snow boots for Annabelle. While I shoveled the driveway, she had fun playing out in the snow, until her hands became cold and then she wouldn't have any more of the snow. I brought her in crying, put on a show, and let her warm up while I finished. And don't worry, I didn't do anything that a pregnant woman shouldn't do. I mistly pushed the snow off the driveway rather than shoveled it.
This week, we are traveling to Michael's parents' house for Thanksgiving and because I'll be gone, I've had to reschedule my students to make up for the missed week of lessons. I am really looking forward to this week where I don't have to do much but enjoy time with family.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: