Sunday, September 20, 2009

Small acts = BIG HELP

Yesterday morning, I woke up at 4:45 am with the sudden urge to throw up. I had been feeling completely fine the night before, but something bad hit that morning. After that, I continued throwing up about every 15-30 minutes until just after 10 am, when I was finally able to get about an hour and a half of somewhat restful sleep. But things continued to be bad pretty much the rest of the day. I had to miss a 3 hour piano workshop and cancel a much-anticipated girls night out. And the worst part was that Michael was in Utah for the BYU football game (which we lost horribly, darn it). Since I was so sick, there was no way I was going to be able to pay much, if any, attention to Annabelle on my own.

Thankfully, I have the most wonderful neighbors. Around 8 am, I thought it might be early enough to call some neighbors and see if they had some 7Up. I called my back yard neighbor first, who said she'd check and call me back. The next thing I know, she calls me back and says she's in the car picking some up for me and to send Annabelle over to her house as soon she's ready. They ended up watching Annabelle until about 1 pm.

At this point, I had called my home teachers to come and give me a blessing (thank goodness we have hone teachers that are willing to drop everything and do that small service for me), and one of them insisted on taking Annabelle back to his house until my other friend came over to help. She was so kind to stay until about 7:30 and play with Annabelle while I tried to sleep some more. She even went the extra mile and did a little bit of cleaning around the house.

Although to some, these simple acts may seem trivial and small, they were a lifesaver and meant a great deal to me. I am so grateful for good neighbors and friends, and hope that I can be as good to my neighbors as they have been to me.

1 comment:

Cyppy said...

I'm so glad you had good friends to help you! We felt helpless, and so sorry for you!

We're so excited for Sister to arrive!