Friday, December 7, 2012

The Christmas trees

Last year as I was putting up the Christmas that Michael and I bought for our first Christmas together, I decided that it was the last year for this tree and I would take advantage of the sales after Christmas and buy a new one for the following year. My reasoning for doing this is that this first tree of ours is pretty dinky and small and it leans heavily to one side. I'll admit I was a little embarrassed to have it show through out front window. As planned, the day after Christmas last year, I bought a new 7.5 ft tree for 50% off. This tree is now our upstairs, nice tree and the smaller tree is downstairs for the kids to call their own.

On the day that I was putting up the kid's tree, Annabelle wanted to help decorate but a friend came over to see if she could play and she opted to do that instead of put up the tree. She said she'd help me with the upstairs tree. So Jillian and I were left to decorate the tree. She had a blast putting the ornaments all over the tree.


The next day, it was time for the nice tree. I was super excited to see how this on would turn out. Because it's much bigger and taller, it took more than twice as long to fluff out the branches. Annabelle again got invited to play with friends and I didn't let Jillian help me too much with this one, so it was just me. When Michael turned into our driveway after work that day and saw this magnificent tree peeking out through our front window, he thought he was at the wrong house. I am so glad that I got this new tree because I LOVE it!

No comments: