Monday, July 30, 2012

Stings, swings, slides, sand, and more

While we were in Sheridan, there was so much to do. Every morning while Annabelle was at camp, Michael’s parents were at work, and Sarah was napping, Jillian and I went outside in the backyard and I would push Jillian on the swing. She loves swings and some mornings, I did nothing but stand there and push Jillian on the swing for 30 minutes straight. There was also a lot of trampoline jumping and pole climbing. There were few moments of unpleasantness when Jillian and Cynthia both got stung by a wasp. Annabelle and Jillian were both swinging on the tire swing and apparently there was a wasp’s nest in it. They came swarming out and it was pretty amazing that Annabelle, Sarah, and I didn’t get stung as well. A few days later, Jillian got stung again, this time by a yellow jacket when she disturbed their hive. Other than that, we had so much fun. Michael’s dad taught Annabelle how to shoot a basketball. I wish I had gotten a video of it. She was really good and got the ball through the hoop most times. I also took the 2 older girls to swimming at the indoor pool at the YMCA and then after to the playland.
         

 

 
 

 
 

By the end of the day, we were all exhausted. The kids fell asleep within minutes of climbing into bed.

  
    

No comments: