Sunday, January 1, 2012

Snow playing

We have had one of the most mild winters thus far- warm temperatures (for our standards, anyway) and no snow. I think we did have a little snow to make for a white Christmas, but it melted the next day. So when I woke up yesterday to see about an inch of snow on the ground, I knew I had to take advantage of it. I got the girls into their snow suits and we spent some fun time outside. It was very bright and sunny, but cold. Of course, it warmed up as the day went on and the snow was mostly melted by late afternoon. Jillian was wearing her snow suit for the first time and even though it's size 24 months and she'll be 24 months in a few weeks, she was drowning in that suit. She seriously looked like a big pink marshmallow. It was so cute to see her try and maneuver around in the snow. She didn't mind wearing it though and loved the time outside. Annabelle would have stayed outside all day long, if I would have let her. She probably tells me at least once a day that she can't wait for summer. I got some exercise in for the first time in a long time by shoveling the driveway and sidewalk, which of course was silly since it was all melted later anyway.

No comments: