Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Reading

I try to get my kids interested in books when they're very young. Annabelle never really liked being read to. I would try every night and she would wiggle and squirm and whine until I let her get down off my lap. It wasn't until she was about 3 years old that she started to enjoy and desire being read a story to before she went to bed. Now, it's turned into asking for "just one more" after having read her just one more. She has such a vivid imagination and I've seen how books have just given her more ideas for her many "pretend games".

Annabelle, on the other hand, has loved books for several months now. We read several every night before she goes to bed, and even when she gets up in the morning, the first thing she does is walk over to her closet to pull out a book. I've often caught her sitting in the rocking chair in her room (our "reading" chair- she loves to climb on it all by herself) with a book in her hand babbling away in baby talk as she looks at the pictures. It's so cute.

Here's a video of Annabelle reading to Jillian. Aren't they so cute?! If you haven't figured it out, this was taken before church on Sunday and Annabelle really wanted curly hair.


No comments: