Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Recital

I have been teaching piano for several years, but last week was the first time that I had a recital for my students. All eight performed songs in front of family and friends. I am so proud of each of them.

The recital was held at my house and it took a few days get the house ready to accommodate 30+ people. But I am so happy with the way the evening went. All my students played excellently and even Michael showed off talents. He and I played a duet together.

It was a very fun and rewarding evening for me and I am so grateful for the opportunity I get to teach piano. I am always so proud to see the progress my students are making.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

You guys sound great! I definitely want an encore performance in Sheridan. I didn't realize at first that the video wasn't of the actual recital and I thought.... Michael is in sweats?! oh no.... Then I realized it wasn't of the actual concert :) Awesome job Lindsey!

Jana said...

A *memorized* duet! Even more impressive. I'm glad your recital went well Lindsey. I'm sure it's very rewarding to see your students do well.

Anonymous said...

Wow, mom and I are really impressed after watching that duet! Very nice. And Jana's right, it was even memorized. Nicely done!