Monday, February 27, 2012

Annabelle's first birthday party

What in the heck was I thinking when I told Annabelle she could have a birthday party?! Here I am, 37 weeks pregnant and trying to plan a pirate-themed birthday party for 10 4-6 year old kids. I can only hope that I'll get some extra best-mom-in-the-world points for doing it. A special thanks to my sister (who was a HUGE help in helping me decorating the cake, though Michael was instrumental in the eye-patch on the cake) and my good friend who helped with the set up, the clean up, and everything in-between. I couldn't have done it without you guys!

We played several games, opened presents, and had cake. I think all the kids had fun. One of the games we played was "pop the cannonball". My sister and I had filled black balloons with treasures (beaded necklaces, gold coins, tattoos, etc) and the kids had to try and pop them to get the treasure. It was so funny to see them try and sit on the balloon and bounce right back off. Eventually with some help from the adults, all the treasure was collected. It was interesting to see how Annabelle acted during her birthday party. I don't think she really understood what she was supposed to do as the birthday girl. But she got some fabulous gifts and got to play with her friends, so overall, I'd say it was a success.









3 comments:

Jana said...

Happy Birthday Annabelle! Sorry I am not one of those aunts that sent gifts or even called. I'm glad it was a fun party!

Christy said...

Yes, I think you earn some super mom points for throwing a party that late in the pregnancy. And I love your shirt by the way!

Lauren said...

Nice Work Lindsey! I am sure she had a blast- Good luck this next week!