Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

I hope everyone enjoyed our Independence Day. I certainly did. We didn't have a grill, but how do you show your patriotic side more than having a barbecue? So, Michael bought one. We barbecued on Saturday and Monday. The food was delicious, thanks to the skills of Michael, the grill master. (He was really digging that title.)
We went to the parade in the morning and boy, was it long. But the kids seemed to enjoy watching most of it. I think by the time we were getting to the hour and a half mark, they were tiring out. But check out this awesome float. Sometimes I wish I had a cart this big when I went shopping.
Later, we went to see a big fireworks show. Once we got to the park, it was enjoyable. The drive and walk to where we ended up sitting and the walk and drive back to the car and then home was not fun. Jillian, who had been up since 7:15 am, out in the sun for almost the whole day, and had only taken about an hour and a half nap, did not fall asleep until almost midnight. She enjoyed the fireworks show, but was pretty cranky the rest of the time.

I love this country we live in. Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

hapi said...

Hi Miss Lindsey, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

Cyppy said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Glad you all enjoyed yourselves. Your lawn looks terrific!