Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daddy's little girls

So this post is a little late. I was having some trouble getting my pictures to upload to the computer to use in my blog entries.

Happy Father's Day to dads everywhere, although I want to especially wish it to my dad and my husband. I feel so grateful to have these wonderful men in my life. Here's a picture of my amazing dad with some of his grandchildren. Annabelle has been looking forward to this day for the past week. Michael took her to the store with him yesterday, and the lady at the register asked if she had wished her dad a happy father's day. Annabelle gave her quizzical look and reminded her that father's day wasn't until Sunday, and that we already had mother's day and next comes sister's day.

At church today, I reminded Annabelle that she would get to go up to the front with the other primary kids and sing songs to the dads. She responded that she didn't want to go up to sing, she wanted to go up to be pretty. And sure enough, when she was up there, she didn't sing one single word of the songs (even though I heard her singing them all week and I know she knew them), but she smiled and waved to people and looked as though she was participating in a beauty pageant. Oh boy. I'm going to have my hands full with that girl.

I must say though that she wasn't too off when it came to looking pretty. Both she and Jillian looked so cute today. I loved taking pictures of them sitting on the couch with Michael. He is such a good husband and father and I'm so grateful to him. Happy Father's Day, Michael. I love you!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I definitely have to agree with you that you have 2 beautiful girls! And I'm super impressed with your skills in doing their hair!