Monday, April 18, 2011

Music Festival

It's been forever since I blogged. How is it that to me it seems like only one day has passed, but in truth it's been like a week. Our family has been so busy in the last few weeks and it's only going to continue.

Last weekend, I had six of my students participate in a music festival. For the past almost two months, they have been working so hard on memorizing two pieces and learning difficult scales and theory. I know they are all relieved that it's over, and I must admit, I am as well. My students all did so well too. They scored between a 97 and 99 (out of a possible 100 points). All ten of my students will be be playing in a recital this Friday night. I love seeing all of them together and hearing them perform.

Friday night, Michael and I went bowling with a few other couples. I am a terrible bowler, but I still really enjoy it. In the past, my bowling scores usually range anywhere from 50 to 70. That night, however, I bowled an 81! I was so excited. But the real highlight of the night was watching Michael bowl. He's an okay bowler, who usually gets a decent score. This time, he was on fire. He came out swinging, bowling a strike for the first two frames followed by a spare. During the entire ten frames, he bowled six strikes and three spares, giving him a score of 168. It was awesome to see him doing so well. And of course, being the gentleman that he is, he downplayed his score and praised my 81 points. What a great guy I married.

No comments: