Sunday, March 6, 2011

Mother/Daughter(s) dates

Last weekend, I took Annabelle bowling for a late birthday present. We were supposed to go as a family, but Michael was practically on his deathbed and couldn't even get out bed. (We're thinking it was like a severe case of the flu. He was bedridden for 4 days and lost 5 pounds just in the 4 days. Yikes!) Annabelle had a blast, while Jillian just wanted to crawl down the lane and touch the bowling pins. I asked to put the gutters up only when it was Annabelle's turn, but there was some miscommunication I guess and they stayed up when it was my turn too. Oh well. I'm a terrible bowler so I guess it was just as well. We tied with 94 points.
And yesterday, Annabelle went to the movie theater for the first time. She and I saw "Tangled". It was actually quite entertaining, even for me. And there were tons of adults there without kids that had come to see the movie as well. I was a little worried that Annabelle would have a hard time sitting still and being quite during the movie, but she was really good for the most part. During some of the songs, she got bored and I had to remind her be quiet. But when the movie was over, she said she wanted to see it again right then. She has been talking nonstop about having hair as long as Repunzel's ever since we got back. We don't usually buy movies to add our humble collection, but this one we might have to add.

No comments: